Monday, March 17, 2014

Tuesdays Tastebuds..........Kristi's Fireman Lasagne

Kristi's Fireman Lasagne
     I love my special leaf Kristi and I love my son Cameron the firefighter.  So I decided to share a recipe that was given to me several years ago by Kristi.  I am not sure how it got its name but every time I make it I am reminded of two special leaves on my tree.
     The reason I love this recipe for lasagne is because it is so simple.  There are no eggs to mix into the cottage cheese.  There is no water to boil to cook the lasagne.  There are no burns on your fingers as you try to get the slippery lasagne out of the water after it is done cooking. The added bonus is its deliciousness. 
Ingredients:  Uncooked lasagne noodles
                      1 lb. ground beef
                      1/2 cup chopped onion
                      1 (26 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
                      1 (16 oz.) container cottage cheese
                      2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
                      2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
                      salt and pepper to taste


Brown hamburger and onion in pan.  Drain excess oil.  Mix cooked hamburger and onion with half of spaghetti sauce.  In greased 9 by 13 inch pan, lay down one layer of uncooked lasagna noodles, covering bottom of pan.  Pour half of the hamburger/spaghetti sauce mixture over noodles, making sure to cover up noodles as much as possible. 
Then spread half of cottage cheese container over the hamburger/spaghetti sauce layer.  Sprinkle one cup of Mozzarella cheese and one cup of Cheddar cheese over lasagne.  Repeat layers being sure to cover lasagne noodles completely.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Cover the lasagne with two sheets of foil.  This is what helps cook the noodles.  Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.  Let sit for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.

Thanks Kristi for sharing the recipe with me and Cameron I hope one of those dang calls doesn't come in right when we're ready to sit down and eat! 

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! So happy to share one of the staples at the Larsen home!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I had this lasagna? Is it the one you have made a lot for our family? It look easy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete