Thursday, March 27, 2014

My loveable leaves......aka The girls and boys in the hood.

The girls and boys in the hood

     Some of the very best experiences I have in my life are when the girls and boys in the neighborhood come by after school to get a treat from me.  This all started about seven years ago when my daughter Kim still lived at home.  She was a primary teacher to a set of twins in our neighborhood.  They loved my daughter Kim.  They were only four years old at the time and they had an older brother who was six years old at the time.  
     They would come by on occasion to see Kim.  Since I am the queen of treats we always had something for them in the pantry.  These visits lasted while Kim was living at home.  Kim married six years ago but fortunately for me the visits from the M family didn't stop.  Over the years the M family has grown.  The oldest boy has moved on to junior high and doesn't stop by anymore but the twins still do.  Word got out that there were treats to be had at my house and so daily traditions with kids from various families stop by.
     Today I was watching my granddaughter Rae when my doorbell rang.  To my delight the twins, their younger brother, and my loveable L were at my door.  I opened up the door to four smiling faces.  They had so much to tell me.  This is the most important part of being the queen of treats.  I get to hear the best things from them.
     First thing my loveable L  pulled up his shirt high enough up so I could see his badge.  It was attached to his pants pocket and it read  I have the Power.  He was beaming from ear to ear as he showed it to me.  I asked him if he got it at school and he said he did and gave me the thumbs up.  
     Next thing J told me that he got his retainer out.  I asked him if he was nervous about getting it out.  He said he was but that it only took five minutes.  He said before it takes twenty minutes to get his dental work done and rolled his eyes as he was telling me this.
     As soon as he told me about his retainer being taken out loveable L told me about his braces getting off.  ( however that actually happened about six months ago, but, you know he had to keep up with the J's.
     Cute E  she just wanted to talk to Rae and get her to talk back.  Rae loves it when the girls and boys in the hood come by.  She gets so excited and talks and waves hi to them.
     Alas, it was time to get the candy jar.  Being the polite children that they are they asked how many treats they could have.  I told them they could have two.  The next thing I knew all pandemonium would break loose as eight hands all hit the candy jar at once trying to get to the treats first.
     The experience this gave to me today was gosh dang it if loveable L has the POWER well I have the POWER too.  You have it and the person next to you has it and so on and so on.  Let's all put our POWER together and make this earthly experience the best that it can be!!!
     LeeLee

    

No comments:

Post a Comment