Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Thoughts for two special leaves on my tree.......

     Yesterday two of my friends lost loved ones.  Brent lost his brother and Cindy lost her mother.  I have never experienced the loss of a sibling or of my mother.  The closest I know of how they are feeling is because I have lost my grandmother and my father.  Reading their posts yesterday made me sad and I wrote a poem for them.

I think about the life I have known,
The tender mercies the Lord has shown.

The times when I have needed a hand,
He has given me experience, I know it was planned.

When I was small and afraid of the dark,
He gave me comfort, he left his mark.

When I was a teen and felt all alone,
He walked beside me, I didn't need to moan.

He walked beside me each step of the way,
Even with illness when I didn't want to stay.

I thought dying would be easier than all of my pain,
If I knew only happiness what would I gain?

Many times I have felt love when others would blame,
We are all here to learn not to feel shame.

Where have they gone and why so soon?
Are they among the stars or shining singular like the moon?

Each life is given so we can share,
We are not alone even though the time doesn't always seem fair.

That is why we need to have help from God above,
By so doing we can feel of His love.

     Cindy and Brent and your families you are in my prayers at this time.

2 comments: