Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tuesdays Tastebuds.........Denni's Chicken Cream Cheese Soup

     Denni is one of my best leafs (friends).  In fact you could say we are blls, bestlastingleafs.  I met Denni twelve years ago.  She was a newlywed and her and her husband moved into my neighborhood.  It took me about six months to win over her heart.  She was shy back in the day.  I kept running into her everywhere I went.  I kept saying hi to her and I tried to have conversations with her.  Being that I am 22 years older than her, I, can understand her hesitation.  She just had to find out that I am a young person in an older persons body.  Once she caught onto that she knew I wasn't going away anytime soon.
     I will have more Denni stories as my blog evolves, but, today I wanted to share a soup recipe of Denni's that my family loves. She introduced it to us two years ago and it is delicious!
     1 1b. chicken ( breasts or combination meat )
     1 small onion, diced
     1-2 Tbsp. butter
     2 cups of carrots sliced small
     4-5 small potatoes, diced small
     1 cup milk
     1/4 cup flour
      8 oz. cream cheese
1.  Put chicken in a pot and cover with water (about 4-5 cups) boil until cooked.  Take chicken out of water, but keep the broth.  When chicken is cool, shred.
2.  Saute onion in butter.  Put onion in pot and add carrots and potatoes.  Add four cups of the broth or enough to cover vegetables. ( some of the broth will have evaporated when you cooked the chicken so you may have to add some more water).  Add the shredded chicken.  Add bouillon cubes to flavor ( I add four bouillon cubes).  Bring to a boil and simmer until veggies are tender.

3.  Mix flour with milk and add to soup.  Soften the cream cheese in the microwave, then add to soup in little pieces.  Stir until melted.  This is what makes the soup marvelous!  Season with salt and pepper.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment