Saturday, March 22, 2014

LeeLee's Likes............I like glitter

I Like Glitter
     I think glitter is a wonderful invention.  It can add so much sparkle and shine on just about anything it lands on.  That is why recently I made a post on my facebook page that I hope there is glitter in heaven.  I think it would be so much fun to shake a handful down on my family and friends if they are sad or lonely.  I have told them if they have something lightly touch their shoulders to shake it off and know that I am thinking of them.
     I recently finished this project:
     It was a lot of fun to make.  The finishing touch I used was glitter.  It was cute without the glitter however the glitter just makes it stand out.
     This is the unfinished wood that I used:
     I bought it at my local Bennion Craft store.  It would be cute in almost any paint color.  I just happen to have a lot of red and black in my house so I decided to keep it in my decor color.
     Here are the other supplies I hand on hand:
     My electronic cricut vinyl cutter, some cute scrapbook paper, paint and of course some chunkier red glitter. I started by painting the flowers red and the borders black.   Next, I mod podged the flowers pretty heavily and shook the glitter all over the tops.  I lightly pressed it down and let it dry before I shook off the excess glitter.
     I than took the little paper circles out of the frames and traced them on my cute checked scrapbook paper.  Once this was done I cut out the letters J O and Y and stuck each one to the paper circle.  Next I inserted them back in the flower and waalaa the cute everyday craft was done.  I love it!  It would also be extra cute as a frame for your favorite pictures.  Next time I'm putting my cute grandkids in a frame.  Have a glittery good day!
  


2 comments:

  1. So fun! I agree, glitter takes something already cute and puts it over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking that just this morning as I passed Danelle's house and saw her cute carrot on her door. Have you seen that?? It's the glitter that makes it pop. You are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete