Saturday, April 26, 2014

Paper mache crafting

     Recently I purchased some paper mache bags from JoAnn Crafts.  I wanted to make a cute treat basket for Mother's Day.
     I painted them in Delta paint.  The blue is Tahiti blue and the pink is Lisa pink.  Two of my favorite all time colors.  Before I painted them they looked like this:
     It was a little bit difficult to get full coverage with the delta paint.  I would have thought paper mache wold paint well.  Each bag needed three coats of paint.  I probably used four coats on the Lisa pink bags.  I might try spray painting them in the future.
     I also bought my charms at JoAnn Craft.  They were in the dollar bin section.  I wish I would have bought more.  They are super cute.  I looked on the package and Loew Cornell is the manufacturer so you might be able to order directly from their web-site.  I attached them with twine that I bought from pick your plum.com.
     I think they turned out pretty darn cute.

2 comments:

  1. Those are darling!!!!! Everything you make is too cute! I love all your craft and recipe posts.

    ReplyDelete