Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Frosting I used for Becky's Cocoa Drops in case anyone wants to know

Mint layer:
Two and a half cups powdered sugar
Three tablespoons butter, softened, ( yes the real thing )
Three tablespoons whipping cream
Two ounces cream cheese, softened
One fourth teaspoon mint extract
Two drops green food color
     In a large bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. 
Chocolate icing:
One third cup whipping cream
One and a third cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
One third cup butter ( yes the real thing )
     In a microwave safe bowl, heat topping ingredients, for one minute.  Stir well.  Heat another one or two minutes, stirring every thirty seconds until butter and chocolate chips are melted. Cool for about ten minutes.
To frost cookies:  First frost the cookie with the mint layer.  Cover to edges of cookie.
                             Second:  spread the chocolate icing over mint layer.  Do not cover entirely so you can still see the mint layer for contrast.

I made chocolate mint brownies from a recipe I saw on the-girl-who-ate-everything.blogspot .com.  I had left over frosting and so I used the frosting for Becky's cocoa drops. I believe I am supposed to give credit to her for the frosting recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment