Tuesday, April 29, 2014

More paper mache crafting.......

     I cannot seem to get enough of the cute paper mache items available at JoAnn Fabric and Crafts.  I had a lot of fun designing these boxes.  I had to come up with a new idea for the labels because the first ones I created looked really stupid!  I must be developing some patience however because I just took in really deep breaths and didn't loose it.  Not even once.
     Recently I was browsing through a Better Homes and Garden magazine.  It was the November 2013 issue.  One of their articles was showing cute ways to make containers for the holdidays.  I loved the way they had used washi tape on the rim of the containers.  I went to my nearest JoAnn fabric and craft store to pick up some paper mache containers and see what I could come up with.  I fell in love with the cute black and pink zebra stripe duct tape.  It was my inspiration for this project.
     These are the supplies I used.  Paper mache round container, wooden knobs, Delta paint in black and pop pink, Martha Stewart paint in party streamer pink, tacky glue, decorative duct tape and Krylon crystal clear gloss.
     Step one:    I glued my little knob to the top of the canister lid with tacky glue.
     Step two:    I painted the lid and container black.
     Step three:  I painted the little nob party streamer pink.
     Step four:   I wrapped the duct tape around the lid.
     Step five:    I had some paper labels that were tan.  I painted them pop pink and I outlined the edges with the party streamer pink paint.
     Step six:     I stamped on the words this and that.
     Step seven: I used spray adhesive and sprayed it on my labels and attached them to the container.
     Step eight:  I took them outside and gave them a nice shot of crystal clear krylon to give them the shine they needed.
    Step nine:   Called my cute daughter Kim to give me the reassurance I needed.  She tells the truth (lol)
    Step ten:    Called it a wrap and went to bed.  Sleep dreaming about my next project!

2 comments: