Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Mother's Day remembrance to Kara (the leaf who left us too soon) from her daughter Lindsay

     I asked Lindsay if she could help me remember her mom as one of my special mothers this year.  I only knew Kara for eleven months.  Her and I hit it off from the day we met.  I hold dear to me the memories I have of her.  I will always be grateful to the Stevenson family for letting me share with them one of the most intimate times in a person's life.  The weeks and days that are the final chapters of a persons earthly life.
     Mother's Day will be bittersweet for me this year.  It will be sweet because I will be celebrating it as a new mom.  I am a mom to the most beautiful, funny, cute little man in the whole world.
     It will be bitter because I will not be able to celebrate this special day with my mother here on earth again.  I will be able to celebrate her Spirit.  It is still a difficult thing for me.  This will only be my third Mother's Day without my mom.  People continue to tell me that she is always with me.  To be honest, I don't feel her being around.
     My mother, she was so special!  She was generous and kind.  She was always trying to help someone.  Even when she was so sick and standing was difficult for her she would want to cook something for someone. ( Kara was an amazing cook)
     My mother, she wasn't perfect, but she didn't try to be.  She did the best she could with what she had.  She taught me to be grateful for the little things.  She taught me to love with all my heart.  She taught me to give of myself and to give often and to give willingly.
    My mother loved her three children with every fiber of her being.  I feel so tremendously grateful that I am her daughter.  I was able to feel her love on a daily basis.  She spoiled the three of us with love.  I was able to share 19 amazing years with her.  I will always love that time.
    I will always remember the day my dad drove my mom to the hospital which unbeknown to her family would be the last time.  My mother slipped a twenty dollar bill into by hand as I helped her into the car.  That was so like her to do.  She would slip money to people all the time. ( hahaha ) I could go on and on about how much I love my mom.  I could tell you how beautiful my mom is.  I could tell you how sweet and amazing my mom is. I just want you as the reader to know she is all those things and more.
     Earlier I mentioned that I don't feel my mom around me.  For me, I have found so much joy and so much comfort in the wonderful blessing of being sealed together as a family in the Temple.  It means that my mom will be my mom forever.  Whether I can feel her around me or not, I know she will always be my mom and that I will see her again!
     I thank my Heavenly Father every day that  SHE is my MOTHER.  I feel blessed that she was the one chosen for me.  I feel blessed that I am forever sealed to her for all eternity.
     This knowledge makes the sting of her absence not hurt as much.  I know she is somewhere waiting for me to join her.
     Until that time arrives, I get to be a mother to the most beautiful, funny, cute little man in the whole world.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment