Friday, May 16, 2014

Grandma's Chocolate Chip Cookies

     Recently for Mother's Day I interviewed some of the neighborhood kids.  I asked them the following question: " What do you love most about your mom?"  Six of the fourteen kids answered " the chocolate chip cookies she makes for me." 
     Since, that was such a popular answer I decided it was time to make some chocolate chip cookies to share this afternoon when the kids stop by.  I am sharing a recipe I have been making for years, long before I officially became a grandma. It is a family favorite.  I hope you like it as much as we do.
Grandma's Chocolate Chip Cookies

One cup white sugar
One cup brown sugar
One cup shortening
Two eggs
One tsp. vanilla
One tsp. almond flavoring
Two cups flour
One tsp. baking soda
One half tsp. salt
One half tsp. baking powder
Two cups rolled oats
One pkg. milk chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a cookie sheet.  Blend together the sugars and shortening.  Add the eggs, vanilla, and almond flavoring.  Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder together.  Stir into wet mixture.  Blend well.  Stir in the oats and the chocolate chips.  Bake for eight to ten minutes until lightly brown on edges.  Makes three dozen of the yummiest cookies ever!


    

4 comments:

  1. Yummy!!!!! Maybe I'll bring some cute kids to your house so we can have a cookie or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some beautiful looking cookies, LeeAnn! I'll have to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are yummy Lisa. I think you would like them.

      Delete