Monday, February 24, 2014

Along came Maggie......Part 3

The Queen of Fudge

     I love so many things about Maggie.  At Christmastime she makes the best fruitcake and fudge.  The first time I tried her fudge I dubbed her The Queen of.......
     Maggie won't always be around and neither will I.  I decided it was high time I learned how to make her fudge.  So here is my attempt at Maggie's Fudge and pictures to boot.  I hope.......

     These are the  chopped nuts. You will need two cups of these bad boys or if you don't like them, leave them out.

    
Next you will need to put four and one half cups of sugar and one large can of evaporated milk into a large pan.  Mine was just right, but, barely.  It almost boiled out of the pan.

See how it almost boiled over.  Ewww and yuck my burner is dirty!
After you have boiled and stirred the evaporated milk and sugar for 8 minutes, you pour it over the following ingredients that have been measured into a large bowl:
1.  3 large packages of milk chocolate chips  (11.5 oz.)
2.  2 cubes of butter
3.  1 pint of marshmallow cream
You will want to stir like crazy while moving your hips to These Bruises by Train.  Once you have mixed this thoroughly add 2 tsp. of vanilla.  (Don't forget this important step like I did)  It still tastes yummily delicious however.  Next add your walnuts or not.  Pour into two large cake size pans that have been buttered.  Cool in the buttered pans.  Cut into squares.  Next sample every two to three minutes to make sure you have that yummily delicicious queen of fudge, fudge, taste.

     For the record, this is my first attempt at blogging with pictures and I am incredibly proud of myself.  Just sayin!  Til next time when I share another one of my leaves on my tree.




9 comments:

  1. what a cute little lady Maggie is. I wish I liked fudge, I would give it a try. I loved her story about if she will marry again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks good. I am sure I gained a few pounds just looking at such deliciousness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm!!!!! That fudge looks so yummy. I'll have to be brave and try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie Thanks for your post. It won't turn out unless you dance to train. lol

      Delete
  4. Looks yummy! And yes, I too in my attempt to pat myself on the back for not burning my candy on the stove have completely forgotten the vanilla at the end! Oh well…….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teri I'm glad we have made the same mistake. Thanks for the cute card. I loved it!

      Delete
  5. Ha ha!!!!! I just caught the important instruction to dance to Train while stirring the fudge! :) You already look like a professional foodie, with all your pictures. And, I just reread my first comment, it sounds like I would have to be brave to try your fudge! Ha ha! I didn't mean that. I will have to be brave and try MAKING the fudge.

    ReplyDelete