Saturday, February 22, 2014

Along came Maggie.......

     Meet Maggie.  She is one of my oldest leaves (aka)  friends. Anyone can be a friend, but, it takes somebody really special to be a leaf hanging from my tree.
     Maggie is the cute 90 year old lady sitting with me in my profile picture.  I met Maggie fourteen years ago, but, I feel like I have known her forever.  She came into my life when my husband was called as a Bishop in our church.  She had lived two blocks away from me for twelve years but I never knew who she was.  However, she is one of those people who once you meet them, you never forget them.
     Maggie came to visit me yesterday.  I told her all about my new blog and that she was going to be my feature leaf.  Obviously, she had no idea what I was talking about and was really confused. She was even more confused when three of my boys came by to share their day of school with me.  They were so excited to tell me about their day and Maggie made the mistake of asking them what they were so excited about.  The next thing she heard was how they were coming home from school and a girl was chasing them and calling them chicken butt.  Now she was really confused on how this was all going to turn out.
     I love this picture of me with Maggie.  To me, my face and my body language tell it all.  Exactly how I feel about this special leaf of mine.  She has a story and I am going to break it down into a three post mini series.
     Until Sunday, LeeLee
    

3 comments:

  1. Cute post!! I can't wait to hear more about sweet Maggie. I love that she got the run-down from the neighborhood boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristi. You are awesome to read my blog. You are going to be one of my special leaves. Maybe you can help me learn how to add links and pictures. Kim said I need some help. lol

    ReplyDelete