Sunday, June 8, 2014

Operation Make a Difference in the World......For Stacy


I have a special friend named Stacy.  I first met Stacy eight years ago when she moved into my neighborhood.  She is a great person.  When I met her she was in the work force.  She has a degree and she had a great job.


She also has a family.  A husband, a son, and two daughters. She also has a cat and a dog.  She has had more than one dog since I have known her. She is one of those big hearted people who loves animals and she has rescued more than one animal in her day.

The thing that I really loved about Stacy when I first met her was her love for life.  She was always happy and positive whenever I was around her.  She wanted to share her talent for photography with others. She always had a smile on her face.  She loved her job and the people she worked with.

She was raised in Utah up North by Bear Lake.  She told me a story once that occurred after her first year of college.  She was driving up by Bear Lake with a group of friends in her car.  She lost control of the car and knew she was in a dangerous situation. She wasn't sure what she should do but she had the distinct impression to let go of the steering wheel.  As she did this the car was able to straighten itself out and she was able to avoid an impending car accident.

She related how she had always wanted to control everything in her life.  It was a difficult choice for her to let go of the steering wheel but it was the choice that saved her life.

Little did Stacy or any of us know at the time, but three years later she would develop brain cancer.

Stacy has struggled with cancer for over five years now.  She has had chemotherapy, radiation, surgery, and numerous complications over the past few years.  She has been on the brink of death time after time but she has a remarkable will to live.  I have seen her physically and emotionally fight with all the strength she has to live.

I have had many opportunities to be with Stacy.  She has given me many opportunities to serve her and her family.  She has been a wonderful example to me.  I know she has felt alone many times.  I know she has felt helpless many times. I know she has wondered in the past why she has lived while others have died.

Recently, Stacy shared another story with me and several others.  She thanked the people in our neighborhood and said she knows it is because of the great people who surround her that she has had the help she has needed.  She also told us she knows that Heavenly Father has spared her life so she can accomplish what she needed to as a wife and a mother.

Stacy and I do live in a great neighborhood.  Several of her friends started raising money for her.  In the past few years they have put on several 5k races and yard sales for Stacy.  This year instead of a race they have decided to have a booth at The Art Festival in Kaysville next Saturday, June 14th.

These are a few of the things I have made ForStacyWithLove:
I love you Stacy!




















No comments:

Post a Comment